Notwithstanding any other provisions herein, you acknowledge that the Services provides you with the ability to post comments in an open environment on public display and that your personal information that you choose to post can be potentially accessed or viewed via anyone. Other people can see the Campaigns that you have supported, associated comments, your postings and so on. As such we recommend that you only post personal information when required and DO NOT disclose any sensitive information via the Services.
1. Collection of Personal Information
We may collect personal information when you voluntarily provide us with this information when you visit the Services, sign up or log in to the Services, sign up to our mailing list, send a or receive a message, request information, provide feedback or otherwise interact with our Services. We may collect personal information about you when you provide this information via our Services or via affiliated platforms.
Such information may include: name, user name, contact details such as email address, phone number, country, address, password, comments, photo and other personal or profile information that you may choose to share. Because all of our transactions take place via NAB, we will never hold any of your payment information such as credit card or bank details.
Disclosure of information
Name, photo and donation amount will be displayed on the Team Bus page. We will also pass on your name and email address and donation amount to the Team Bus Creator.
Nothing will be displayed on the Team Bus page. If you have selected a Reward, your name and email address will be provided to the Team Bus Creator so that they can fulfill this.
When making a donation to a campaign you may be asked if you wish to receive further communication from the Team Bus Creator. If you opt in to receive further communication, Team Bus will pass on your name and email address to the Team Bus Creator for this purpose. If you wish to unsubscribe from being contacted by the Team Bus Creator you must contact them directly.
2. Use of Personal Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide you with products, services or information, and for related customer service, trouble shooting, resolving disputes and customer support;
- to provide a more personalised user experience;
- to improve our products and services and to manage our business;
- for research, processing and analysis;
- for marketing and promotional purposes including sending you our newsletter, sending you other material relating to administrative usage, changes, updates, offers or information on products or services that may be of interest to you*. These may relate to us or possibly third parties. In all cases, if you do not want to receive these materials you will be able to opt out from receiving them; and
* Donors will not receive any marketing material from Team Bus. Only Campaign Creators and users who sign up to receive information from Team Bus will receive promotional communications.
We will not under any circumstances sell or rent any personal information to third parties. Personal information that you submit to us may only be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted;
- to our contractors and suppliers solely for the purposes of providing services on our behalf, for example finance, accounting, IT, admin, research or fulfilment services;
- in some cases to trusted partners or affiliates for marketing and research purposes;
- to Team Bus Creators for purposes related to managing donations, fulfilment and arrangement of Rewards and for other general record keeping, marketing and business purposes;
- if we have your express consent to do so;
- as permitted or required by relevant laws including to law enforcement agencies for the purpose of investigating alleged contraventions of the law.
4. Access, Accuracy and Security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up to date.
You can access and request correction or updating of any personal information concerning you that you provide to us at any time. Any such requests may be made directly by:
We will take reasonable steps of the information we collect to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
However, no guarantee can be given that information sent over the Internet or via the mobile phone or other device is always 100% secure. Sending and receiving information is at the user’s own risk, and we do not accept responsibility for any consequences of unauthorised access to your information.
5. Children’s Information
You must be over 18 to start a Campaign or donate to a Campaign. If you are under 18 you must have your parent or guardian use the Services on your behalf. If a child has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at the email address listed below if they would like this information deleted from our records.
Team Bus will not use images of children that would enable them to be identified without the prior consent of their parent.
6. Links to other sites
We may provide links to other sites or services. If you use these links, you will leave our Services and we are not responsible for any of these other services, or their usage of your personal information. We encourage you to check the privacy policies of the suppliers of those services.
7. Other information collectors
9. Aggregated Information
We may collect non-identifiable aggregated information for statistical purposes to find out how our Services are used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve the performance of our Services.
We may also receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device when you use or access the Services. This may include the type of browser and system you use, your internet service, GPS or other location information, the date and time of your visit, your server's IP address, or the pages you visit.
From time to time, we may provide non-identifiable aggregated information including in relation to access patterns, navigational techniques, location or demographic data, purchase habits and preferences to trusted partners or other reputable third parties. However, in all instances such information will simply comprise aggregated data collected about you and other users, and will not include any direct personal information that identifies you.
11. Contact us
Last updated March 25 2014